With the generous support of our Partners in Peace and our Peace Makers & Peace Keepers, the Sydney Peace Foundation promotes peace with justice and the practice of nonviolence through various projects.
Our major annual project is the Sydney Peace Prize.
Occasionally we award a Gold Medal for Human Rights
Other peace projects include:
- Youth Peace Initiative to engage high school students in issues of peace with justice via occasional video conferences and peer mentoring programs
- Scholarships for student from the world’s least developed countries to study at the Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies at the University of Sydney
- Internships to help graduates get jobs that contribute to peace with justice
- Events and talks that invite the community of Sydney and beyond to learn and engage in issues of peace with justice
- Media engagement in encouraging peace with justice perspectives to be represented in newspapers, television and online through press releases and articles